Custom Event Not Triggering In Standalone?

Edit: As Tuerer pointed out below, it appears that it’s the collision that isn’t working. I’ve added screenshots of the collision settings for both the interactable object and a collision box I’ve inserted for an overlap event, in a reply below. If anyone could share some insight into why the collision would be working in PIE but not in the standalone preview, I’d appreciate it.

Preface by saying I am very much a coding/blueprint noob. I am an artist by trade, so my brain is in slow-mode for this kind of thing.

So, I’ve been working on a very short, simple adventure-type game. I’ve been testing in PIE, which has been fine thus far. I tried in standalone today and everything works fine apart from the custom event that controls the interact function. I’m using a custom first person controller. I’ve set up a forward trace for the interact functionality. The trace line is still being drawn in standalone and I’m still getting the hit marker when it connects with an object. So I’m assuming the custom event just isn’t triggering for whatever reason.

Huh, you’re right. I totally blanked on that. Any idea why the collision might be affected differently for standalone but functions as intended in PIE?

Here’s screenshots of the mesh collision and a collision box I have there for an overlap event in case it’s doing something funky.

From the last screenshot I can tell that your line trace doesn’t hit the object, but instead goes all the way through to the table. So it seems that the object collision is messed up somehow. Therefore, it’s not the event that isn’t called, it’s just that it’s being called for the wrong object.

Any idea why the collision might be
affected differently for standalone
but functions as intended in PIE?

No, never experienced anything of the sort.