Custom Crouching Implementation

Hey guys! So, right now I am trying to implement my own custom crouching functionality. I am making my game in third person, so keep that in mind. First off, I am using c++ actually, but I often prototype my functionality in blueprint before I translate my logic to c++, that is why I posted it here. Don’t worry about the Crouch function, it just toggles “PlayerIsCrouched” from true to false and vice versa. Here is the blueprint:

And here is the timeline:

My only issue is : since this is Third Person, my character performs the crouch animation fine (I have that functionality setup in my animation blueprint so don’t worry about that), HOWEVER, it seems that my character’s mesh is like sinking though the floor. Any solutions?

bump for this

You still need the answer?

There are a few things to take into consideration before being able to answer this:

• Where is your character mesh’s origin point? Usually around the hips but can be at the feet.
  • Whether your collision component will decrease in size when crouched?
  • Whether your crouch animation actually moves the character down (comparable to root motion) or whether it contracts to its origin at the hips