Custom Character: What is expected from buyers?

Sorry you feel that way but…

** Again**, this thread has NOTHING to do with what the model looks like. Maybe I have 12 models ready to go. That’s not the question. Maybe they are AAA quality, maybe they are trash. That’s NOT the question.

The question WAS … What does the buyer want in the package** OTHER THAN THE ARTWORK**. Why is that so hard for you two to understand when everyone else understood just fine? I’m not advertise the pack right now, hence NO ARTWORK SHOTS.

Can I say this ANYMORE? THIS IS NOT ABOUT ARTWORK, it’s about EXTRAS. WHAT EXTRAS do people want? Why do I need to show a picture to get an answer on that? I fully described every asset I plan to add. There is no need for pictures, I’m not asking for verification of the artwork.

Second, he has posted the SAME THING 3 times and it’s getting to the point of harassment.** He’s argumentative and he isn’t answering the question, he is trying to be a know it all and treat me like an idiot.**
I posted everything I intend to include in my FIRST post.

Yet he ignored that and told me ‘I don’t know what I’m talking about’, yet he can’t the question. Then he gave the same **** 2 more times so I told him to stop.

Do you want people answering YOUR questions with arguments, insults, and NO USEFUL INFORMATION?

I fully understand that people want ‘GOOD LOOKING ASSETS’ and they might be interested in my character at all. But THAT has no bearing on whether or not I include character CONTROLS in my submission (which AGAIN, was the original question). I also realize they may like the looks of the character but might not want him in their project, so they won’t buy it. I also know that I can’t just recycle their blueprints for profit.

I’m not a noob just because I haven’t worked in Unreal before. I’ve worked in 10 engines, I have items in a game, I understand artwork, game play etc…

It was SOLEY a QUESTION on whether or not game controls would be welcome addition to a character pack. (any character pack it doesn’t matter that’s the question)

I explained to him right away and he still posted two more times argueing HIS INVALID POINT.

Does he think I didn’t read the dev docs? What is allowed on the market, what is expected, etc…?
I asked this one very specific question because THAT question is NOT answered in the docs.

I posted the exact assets I planned to include, so anyone with half a brain would understand that I know what I need in the project and they wouldn’t do what he is doing, which is questioning that and telling me I don’t know what I am talking about.

=========

And seriously, if ALL YOU are going to do is the same **** and come insult my and not answer the question that was asked why ARE YOU wasting OUR TIME?

Did you even read it because you didn’t answer it? Are you more interested in trying to be the forum morality police and back up the guy that can’t answer the question but comes to argue and derial my question instead of helping?
So you’re going to join in?

This is the same inane logic HE was using.

It has nothing to do with the question, and you are trying to treat me like I’m stupid because you can’t read and understand my question even after I’ve answered him 3 times on it.

Did I ask if ANYONE wanted to buy it?
NO.

Was that my question?
NO.

Do you YET understand what my question was?
Obviously not.

Basically you said all you did was follow a tutorial. Epic has already stated in the Marketplace forum that they will not approve an asset that is just a completed tutorial. Why? Because ANYONE can follow a tutorial. I’ve done the tutorials, most people have done the tutorials. What are you selling? If the character isn’t AAA what’s the point? I’ve got a pack of about 20 characters I’m finishing for the marketplace, they have about 20 animations each (I’m constantly adding more as I think of them), a full first person rig, a third person rig, weapon swapping, inventory, there are about 50 or so sound , 30 or so textures AND my robots are modular so there’s an infinite number of possible characters you can make from this pack. I also have sample guns, architecture, vehicles (both land and flying). And, last but not least full A.I. (both friendly and enemy). THAT, to me, is a solid package worth buying. And it’ll still be one of the cheapest packages on the marketplace. You have given a very vague description of something that may never even see the light of day and your angry because people want more info? Really?

He’s not asking if people are interested in a particular asset, he’s asking what things to include in the file that people download and what types of features people would want with a custom character. Obviously people would be able to see what the asset is in the marketplace before purchasing.

Please keep this thread on topic. The op is looking for info on what content should be included in a marketplace character pack, not about how it looks, just general recommendations on what to include.

I would like to point out to everyone in this thread that personal attacks, being rude, retaliations, and harassment are not welcome on this forum, please see thecode of conduct:

Thank you. Any further off topic discussion will be removed.

That sounds like it would easily meet our minimum requirements, and including LoDs and animations is a nice touch. Is it compatible with the 4.8 skeleton, or no?

Beyond that, more is almost always better, but I’ve found that people like having some degree of basic customization options so they can use the character in multiple contexts within their project. Batewar’s Agents pack has several costume changes, and T-Pose’s Robo and Zombie have modular parts and Robo has ranged and melee animation sets, for example. The basic thinking here is “what’s the primary thing I need this for, how well does it do it, and what else can it do as a bonus? [if anything]” The reason I ask about 4.8 skeleton compatibility is because that can be a huge selling point for people, because you can drop in different animations and make basically an entirely new type of character that behaves and moves differently.

What kind of character control did you have in mind? I’d be interested in your thoughts on this.

Also, the reason people are asking about screenshots for the character is because the implication is that you have a character that’s ready to sell on the Marketplace, and the people here that are asking you about it are interested in seeing what it looks like to see if they might want to buy it. You’re generating interest, and that’s good! It’s also smart to ask people what they’re wanting and expecting, so you’re making a good move there. I’d suggest looking at it that way instead of getting upset, because people are almost always more comfortable purchasing content from people that are friendly, helpful, and that are likely to support their content and be easy to work with if they have a problem after purchasing it. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
It’s not on the 4.8 rig , he was already rigged previously so I just went with that. Really just working on getting everything in and working atm, not quite ready to go.

The character controller I set up is just out of the video tutorials (3rd person), at very least I figure it’s a base for someone to build on, or just drop in and go. It didn’t even take that long once I worked through it a few times so it’s not too big a deal.