Custom Blueprint Node Creation tutorial

I’ve created a new tutorial for the community which explains how to create a your own custom blueprint nodes:

Right now its got limited info, but as I shine more light on the subject I’ll update the tutorial to reflect my knowledge.

If you have any issues feel free to comment here and I’ll help you best I can :smiley:

Your example gives a “Pin Target must have a connection” error for me. I think HelloWorld should be a static method, shouldn’t it?

Good catch! It seems the pin error has gone - at least for now.

http://puu.sh/804Xv.jpg shows the create object node without “HidePin = “WorldContextObject”, DefaultToSelf = “WorldContextObject”” and it compiles in Blueprint without error.

I’ll update the tutorial to match this, thanks for the post :slight_smile:

Can this node be used in a construction script? When I use this in “The First Person (Blueprint)” template in the “MyCharacter” blueprint’s construction script it crashes UE4 (4.2). Am I using it wrong?
Edit: I just realized this was thread was about a different Wiki entry I am referring to your (Create Object from Blueprint) Wiki entry

My node won’t show up in the drop down menu, even just copy-pasting your code doesn’t work. Might be an issue with 4.6?

Same for me, i can’t see it, im using 4.6 too.

It’s a bug, epic is working on fixing it.

With the help of your documentation I’ve created a video tutorial for people to follow :slight_smile:
Mentioned you in the description.

[QUOTE=Serellyn;284469]
With the help of your documentation I’ve created a video tutorial for people to follow :slight_smile:
Mentioned you in the description.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting that! I’m extremely new to C++ and creating blueprint nodes. I wish to point out an error with the tutorial that hung me up for a bit.

The cpp file should read as this:

// Fill out your copyright notice in the Description page of Project Settings.

#include “RaptorDemo.h”
#include “BinaryInsertFoliageStruct.h”

FText UBinaryInsertFoliageStruct::HelloWorld()
{
return FText::FromString(“Hello World”);
}

Otherwise it gives compile errors. Maybe if anyone sees this it will help them out.

I have it all working. However, if I try to add another function to a generated class in VS, then it can’t compile. Any suggestions?