Custom animations in Animation Blueprint

Hi, im have my own Weapon class, which has functions in it, returning custom animations i want to play.
I need to get animation from function and play it in State Machine, but i can’t because it’s not “Animation Pose”. How should i do it then?

Plan is to make custom weapon animation for each weapon, like it is in Dark Souls.

Hi! Do you have animated weapons? Or just different character animations with deifferent weapons?

Hi! I have swords and stuff, so it’s basically different character animations with different weapons!

Open two windows. One with the output animation pose in view and the other where you can see the animation files. drag the animation file you want to use to the window with the output animation pose node then plug it in.

Shouldn’t you be able to have 3 booleans e.g. isAxe, isChain, is2Hand. and then branch off of each of those in the animgraph to have different attack animations if it’s applying to the skeletal mesh anyway?Sorry if I’m not understanding right, but I would presume that the way that you attack is the animation that is changing in which case, you wouldn’t need a seperate animation graph for that as it’s still being applied to the player’s actor.

If that won’t work, is the blendspace something you’ve tried to keep the core of the animation and add the specific weapon flare?

If you could upload the animation graph I might better see what direction you’re going with the branches.

I know, problem is in overriding animations. When my character equips different weapons, each weapon behaves different. It’s like Dark Souls. It’s the problem, i can’t find way to play weapon animations on attack. Game is TPS and animations are applied to Skeletal Mesh of my character

Im trying to make something like Dark Souls, basically, it means, that there can be 100+ weapons, and like 50-75 of them will have unique animations. I made variables for attacks, which contain animations of type UAnimMontage. But i can’t connect UAnimMontage to Pose Animation, which editor wants.
I have one idea, that can work, with enumerators and different State Machines.

Ok, I see. The simplest approach - just use BlendSpace1D. The idea is - create BlendSpace1D and add every attack anim to it with some index (depending on weapon), that will used as Blend Space param. After that add variable, that will be set appropriately before each attack…