Custem event cant connect up with get player charater

I was watching a tutorial on making basic AI was when the AI cant see you, it roams around the world and when it sees you it chases you but at one part he linked up the get player character with a custom event with a pawn Index witch I couldn’t do I am using 4.23 so is there a new way of doing this.

291539-screenshot-2019-10-31-unreal-engine-4-ai-roam-to-c.png

Make sure you right click somewhere empty then look for the node you want, you might also want to turn off context sensitive.

Also you might need to cast to your character class to access its functions and events.

Please Post how your Chase Event Looks Like. I guess it is Missing an Input Variable of Type Character. GetPlayerCharacter with Index 0 ist fine If you do singlePlayer without Splitscreen.

Thats why I wrote “Please Post how your Chase Event Looks Like” - I can’t help you when I don’t know which tutorial you follow or what your event should do. I still guess it should get an inputVariable like I wrote above

Ok the current event you saw was the tutorial. The get player character can’t be connected to the event even with context sensitive it just disconnected it

herse how the chase event looks

currently, I’m using the on see pawn event to trigger the chase thrn it repeats

on your event RoamToChase the Pawn Input pin doesn’t make sense to me and you can also save the getPlayerCharacter node connected to it. The rest should work !? or what problems do you have with the bp? Also, the BindEventToOnSeePawn should not be made inside of the tick event! Put it into something like beginPlay

Ok I’ve gotten the Ai to roam and follow player when it sees it and stop when it dose not but for some reason it only follows the server or client 1 any other players it doesn’t interact with them