curveVector and Actor location/rotation

Hi!..

I’m trying to do an animation for my Camera (which is a CameraComponent made from c++). The camera is following checkpoints forming a path where each checkpoint is a new location and rotation values for this camera…

I have created a TimeLine and two curveVector (one for location and other for rotation)…

Until here is fine and works, but i just manualy made the animation copying each x,y,z (loc) and x,y,z (rot) values into a copybook of the required locations and rotation of my camera and pasted on each keyframe of each axys on each curveVector… as you can see this is very very tedious and slow…

Is there a way to capture somehow the location vector values directly from Actor and paste into curve? …

Thanks.

You can either use the sequencer:

or write a blueprint that records the points for each move, and then plays it back.

thanks…
does sequencer serves to do gameplay object animations like opening a door or moving a trap or it is only intented to be used as cinematics?

I would only use it as cinematics.
matenee used to be used to make gameplay elements.

The reality is, in a game you have so many doors that you should probably make a BP that operates on a timeline - which is also fps independent (otherwise at 60fps it opens fully and at 30fps it doesn’t).

yes, i have used Sequencer to do basic animations too, but if i find a way to copy curves, i can switch to timeline back again…

You can actually make Cueve assets too.
the editor for those works nice.
You can’t however set the curve in an animation with a curve asset yet.
it’s mostly used to edit the eye adaptation curve.
at least thats what everyone will probably end up using a curve asset in the first time around…

You gotta ask Epic why they don’t just use the same editor on all curves… would be easy since its already made no? Nop… :stuck_out_tongue: