Download

Curve vs timelines

so im trying to make a smooth transition. im using curves instead of timelines so i can put everything in a function and not needing sequences everywhere. im using elapsed time for the curves. and so far it works great but i was wondering if anyone know how to make the reset of the time smooth,anyone got any tips?

sorry for my bad english

why do you need “sequences everywhere” with timelines?

what do you mean by reset of the time? if you mean how do you do a smooth transition at the end of a cycle, make the curves looped, meaning going from 0 to 1 to 0 again and every step of the curve to be bezier or auto (cant remember which is the smooth one)

im new to unreal btw. but im using a event tick and a lot of branches. and yeah i the transitions are smooth enough. but i use a timer on the get float value. because i dont know how to increase a float value without a event tick. i took screenshots of the blueprint/curves if it makes more sense

i want it to for example when a boolean is true i want it to active the curve and go from 1 to 0 then stay at 0

if the boolean is false i want it to go from 0 to 1 and stay at 1

i hope i explained it better now

fefef

use a timeline, make it smooth in and out and you can even play it in reverse if thats your setup

doesnt need tick and its reusable

yeah but i need a tick to count time and so on. and if i use a timeline i have to to add sequencers. im changing a lot of things with a timeline and i wanted to switch it with a curve instead. i have 8 total timelines and im not even finished.

active the curve and go from 1 to 0 then stay at 0 and
if the boolean is false i want it to go from 0 to 1 and stay at 1

was wondering if you knew how to fix that

like i did it with timeline but how do you clean up this mess?