Curious if student interns would be willing to work in my office

Hello,

I’ve got plans to possible open an office for a small indie studio. I’ve been wondering how realistic it is to think that there would be programming and modelling students willing to work after school in my office?

First, you’re entirely in the wrong section of the forum.

Second, your website is broken on Internet Explorer, works with Firefox but that’s a big chunk of traffic you’re missing. Also, students will want credible experience (which is vital during that stage) and unless you have a very strong list of games you’ve created, you’re wasting their time and yours. Perhaps you should go back to the drawing board and truly establish whatever it is you’re trying to accomplish with this.

Okay, where would you have put it?

My site works perfectly fine for me on any browser I use.

What I’m trying to establish is gauge potential possibility of hiring highschool student interns to work on indie video games. People that obviously will not be hired by a AAA company as one.

What I would worry first is what will you offer in return. If you expect cheap labor for the “chance” to work on an indie game I would say that there won’t be much potential…teens nowadays are fairly picky when it comes to spending their free time.

It would basically be the same thing as a remote freelance contractor, but actually have an office for them to go to.

Well, I’ve already gotten a ton of offers from this post alone through PMs so I’d say there is a decent market for this.

giphy.gif

Haha, no offence! I’m doing same thing with my company! :smiley:

Hahaha! That’s hilarious.

Haha, glad it made ya laugh! :smiley: its from South Park Season 19 Episode 3 “The City Part of Town.” Really very funny and well worth a watch. All of season 19 is great :smiley:

Best of luck with your project! :slight_smile:

the title is creepy and there is no pay…

Don’t be mean Tech Lord!

This is a great opportunity for fledgling game developers to gain experience working in an Indie Team. :slight_smile:

That kind of thing means absolutely nothing because you can get experience from anywhere, unless you’re offering training or access to hardware/software then there’s nothing special.

Also, I agree the title is a bit creepy, kind of sounds like a guy in a van asking kids if they want candy.

I agree with darthviper, it really sounds like he is looking for the female students to join his caravan.

Please behave in a mature, socially responsible and professional way on the Unreal Engine forums.

There is nothing wrong with Mathew Slanchiks post, or his goal to make a game development company with fledgling game developers.

People ask for free work all the time, but it definitely is worded poorly.