cubeRenderTarget to 2D texture?

Yes, that’s perfectly fine. I will continue to update with images, videos and improvements over the coming days. I will also start a new thread for alternative rendering techniques.

I plan on releasing my scene to anyone interested. I’ve recently gotten a full stereo version working in a similar vein, but with multiple captureCubes offset based on IPD, and blended together in a material. See this thread for more info.

Question for the Epic devs… Is there any chance of increasing the resolution limit on captureCube renderTargets? 2k just isn’t enough. I have several optimizations I’m working on to make this stereoPano process faster and even higher quality… but the hard limit is my only real problem with making it work. Just going to 4k would be a giant improvement!

You’re right, 3dlight!

By the way, how you building a stereo? By using couple of captureCubes placed on the circle with diameter equal of distance between eyes?

Can you advise please how to avoid seams on final texture, compounded from different captureCubes source?

Thank you!

Using this method, there is no way to completely avoid them. I’m using soft-edged masks to comp them together. If you wanted to get the best possible quality you could try a couple things that I haven’t gotten to yet:

1. More angles with harder mask edges. There would be more seams, but they would be less serious (theoretically)
  2. Using the simpler setup, you could customize the mask for your image, so the seams flowed along the least obvious parts of your image.

A download link to the beta release has been posted in my main forum thread here.

I already ask them about the restriction of the resolution and we actually can’t have over 4k * 2k

Yeah, I would love some more concrete information about this! Thanks!

In Tutorial (step 10) the material’s “custom” node code gave me an Error; instead I used RyanB code

Thanks for every thing

I’m curious why I’ve do the same thing with regular nodes show a wrong effect?
Were there some nodes I’ve connected in the wrong way or something else?