Ctrl+S to save not working reliably in 4.17

Fixed for the next 4.17 build. :slight_smile:

Pretty much as the title says. I just created a new project using the first person template to test some of the new features, and ctrl+s is acting wonky in the material editor and does not work at all for saving changes to the map.

Sorry if this isn’t want you want to know, but you use Ctrl-Shift-S to save all assets

First: I did not mark this as accepted… it was already like this and I can’t seem to turn it back off?? What?

ctrl-shift-s works as a temporary workaround though, thanks!

Hi Zeblote,

If you open Editor Preferences and type “save” into the search bar, you should be able to change the default key bindings for Save in the Level Editor window which will give you the control you’re after.

Thanks,

Thanks! I never realized I could change the key bindings in the editor, the more you know… it was indeed empty.

Is there any reason why this is no longer set in 4.17? In all of my 4.16 projects the keybind is set to ctrl-s by default.

Hi Zeblote,

Looks like you’re correct and it was accidentally removed during a merge. It might be too late to fix this for 4.17 unfortunately but I’ll create a bug ticket and ensure it gets tracked (UE-47329 once public). Hopefully manually binding lets you keep your workflows for now.

Thanks for the report,

Yep, it’s all good. But if this isn’t fixed in time for 4.17, you might get a lot of similar reports, everyone will notice it :smiley:

Also, why does adding a comment un-accept the answer? Strange.

For me none of the commands work unless I have first clicked in the viewport.

1 Like

Thanks, that is also the case for me.