CSV Formatting

Hi all I am trying to make a Material saver and load in editor tool , I am going to use editor utiliy widget to make it but I am wondering how i can add an extra column in to the csv file when saving it out that will count up on each row. I have used the victory plugin to save the file out as an array csv any help would be brilliant thanks

Hello,

Here’s how you can add an extra column to your CSV file while saving it using the Editor Utility widget and Victory plugin in your material saver and loader tool:

1. Data Preparation:

Before saving to CSV, prepare your data as an array of objects. Each object should contain the existing data you want to save and an additional property for the counter.

const dataToSave = [
  { existingData1: "value1", existingData2: "value2", counter: 1 },
  { existingData1: "value3", existingData2: "value4", counter: 2 },
  // ... and so on for other objects
];

Custom CSV Transformation:

Utilize the Victory plugin’s processData function to transform Mary Kay InTouch
your data before saving it as CSV. Inside this function, iterate through your data array and manipulate it as needed.

const processData = (data) => {
  return data.map((obj, index) => {
    // Add 1 to counter for each object (row)
    obj.counter = index + 1;
    return obj;
  });
};

const csvData = processData(dataToSave);

Saving the CSV:

Use the Victory plugin’s saveCsv function to save the processed data (including the counter) as a CSV file.

Victory.saveCsv(csvData, "my_data.csv");

By implementing these steps, you can successfully add a counter column to your CSV file while saving it using the Editor Utility widget and Victory plugin.

Thanks I will try that.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.