CS - Colourful Spider 0.1

Hello and here is CS 0.1

Here is the spider UP

And here is the spider DOWN

Just by pressing a key at the moment. I see I need to work with geometry better and make an actual flowerpot, or just model one. I also need to model gardening tools instead of what looks like a simple fireplace. A roof, more textures to liven the place up, and a darker room. Then 0.1 will be done. Thank you.

1 Like

Don’t forget to give the spider an extra pair of legs to make it anatomically correct :wink: Unless they’re missing because of some freak accident, of course.

What’s the end goal here? A scene, a game menu, perhaps a full game is brewing?

1 Like

Greetings @anon19501049; I hope you’re doing well! I know you’re still in the early stages of development, but like @Everynone, I am curious about what type of creation you’re going for. What kind of game will “Colourful Spider” be? :grin:

Hello both. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Colourful Spider really is practice. I’m working out everything the editor provides. I never did envisage a version 1.0 too much. Maybe a short puzzle game, but nothing more. I had an idea where you control the spider to reach down to certain places in a special order to reach game over. I’ll get to version 0.3 which would mean it looks better overall.

If any of you are familiar with gamedev.tv, Rick Davidson on his courses told me to showcase my work.

2 Likes

I’m feeling a certain sense of Imposter Syndrome; where I cannot feel like a game developer because of small projects like this one.

It never ever goes away, so hold on to that feeling, nurture it, embrace it. Love it.

2 Likes

Browse marketplace for FREE content, and add some.

2 Likes

Don’t feel you need to subscribe to every post. If it’s possible to not be notified, do it.

The roof is on and I feel the lighting is better. A dark, mirky shed…

Bear in mind I’d need textures to add realism.

Thanks.

1 Like

OK. I call it the technology cobweb. All things point to the middle and in the middle are all your desires fulfilled. You follow the cobweb from the outside as a beginner, round and round, until you grab everything you want and then become happy you are a master at everything.

I will leave CS as it is. I didn’t see past version 0.1 to be honest. I only wanted to follow along with the Blueprint Portal video… So now I am able to control an object and Enable Input on the object… I think my work is done.

Things get out of control very quickly if you don’t stick to a plan. Agree?

1 Like

version 0.1.3
a bit tricky
[Video gone]

1 Like

hehe

1 Like