Cryptomatte not working in UE 5.1

Hi there, trying out 5.1. It seems cryptomatte is no longer working. Did anyone else experience this aswell? I just get a black frame when checking the cryptomatte.

Alright, confirmed, tried two blank scenes in 5.1 and 5.03 and indeed its bugged in 5.1 preview 2. All working fine in 5.03

Any solution ho to get Crypto pass in 5.1 ?

I can confirm with 5.1 release.
No render passes are working for me except world position and normals.

Seems like the postprocess mats weren‘t updated…

Bumping to get an update from admins or devs, some Crypto documentation would be great can’t find any

Just go to plugins,find Movie Render Queue Additional Render Passed and turn it on,then you can render object ID!

UE 5.1 - Render Output Custom multi-channels. - YouTube - solution for Cryptomatte and other render channels.

1 Like

I already checked the documentation and youtube videos, but the object IDs pass was always black…

My solution was to create an own post process material and applied that in my render settings:

Then I applied different custom depth stencil values to my objects and rendered everything.

This is how my render looks now:
cryptomatte.exr (344.3 KB)

It’s not as clean as I would like, but it’s better than black frames :wink:

2 Likes

Hi! was trying to replicate your material for the object IDs to check if that works because I’m still getting all black/white even in unreal 5.2, I can’t figure out what is the R+G node in your material ? thanks!