crosshair in Unreal Engine is taking up the entire screen

Hello fellow Unreal Engine developers,

I’m currently facing an issue with the crosshair in my project, and I’m seeking some guidance to help resolve it. The problem I’m encountering is that the crosshair, instead of appearing as a small, centered element, is taking up the entire screen. This is not the behavior I intended, and it’s causing significant visual disruption.

To provide some context, I have attached a screenshot showcasing the issue.

As you can see, the crosshair extends beyond its intended boundaries and obscures a large portion of the screen.

I have tried several troubleshooting steps to rectify the problem but haven’t had any success so far. Here are some of the actions I’ve taken:

1. Checked the crosshair widget or texture settings: I reviewed the size, position, and scaling properties of the crosshair widget or texture, ensuring that they are set appropriately to achieve the desired small, centered crosshair.
  2. Examined the HUD blueprint or UI widget blueprint: I inspected the blueprint responsible for rendering the crosshair to confirm that it is properly positioned and does not have any unintended scaling or alignment settings.

Despite my efforts, I have been unable to pinpoint the exact cause of this issue. I would greatly appreciate any guidance, suggestions, or potential solutions you may have to resolve this problem. Has anyone encountered a similar situation before, or does anyone have insights on what might be causing this behavior?

Thank you in advance for your help and expertise. If you need any additional information, please let me know, and I’ll be happy to provide them.

Best regards, CalmAlert

Can we see the widget hierarchy and the way you add it to the viewport?