Cross Platform in unreal engine

I want to make a cross platform game , so what is the roadmap to it . Do I need to make same game for different platform and then use epic online services for it ? or there is something else to do . I want to create this game for VR and PC and make it multiplayer , so how can achieve it , can somebody please help me .

The aspects of ‘cross platform’ and ‘multiplayer’ are really separate things.

You can make a multiplayer game for PC, and then later compile it for other platforms.

But be aware, that if you want to compile for various platforms, you need to have each of these platforms in your possession ( or a co-devs possession ).

This is mostly because you need the platform to do the compilation, but also you need it for testing.

basically i want that it should be a multiplayer game in which pc and vr both can play together multiplayer , so how can i achieve that ?

It’s a lot of work and money.

You need access to all the platforms, and you need to package the project for each platform, along with changing a lot of performance related thing so the thing runs.

You also need to find out about multiplayer works.

And I think you’re going to have a bit of a challenge making the game fair because of the different sort of hardware.

thank you for guiding me

1 Like

Sorry there’s no simple solution… :slight_smile:

1 Like

no problem, i’ll try to figure it out

1 Like