Cross Country Run

2 Likes

Hi there @3S_Interactive,

Hope you’re well and having a wonderful week so far.

What a plot twist. :smiley: I expected a nice nature run but I got quite a bit more. Definitely a great bit of storytelling without many elements involved. Was this project created as part of a larger cinematic or is it a standalone video?

1 Like

:slight_smile:

I didn’t mention the ‘plot twist’ in the title because I didn’t think anyone would watch the whole video.

The video is an arbitrary live screen recording (realtime, not a cinematic sequence) of an interactive game/pet project I’ve been working on, now and again, but became distracted by other tasks,

e.g.

I love the design/model of the old ‘Death Blossom’ machine from the old UE4 Infiltrator demo. I want to turn it into an adversarial character in my landscape, with interactive AI behavioral dynamics. However, before that can happen, the Death Blossom needs the ability to walk correctly over the landscape, jump, fly, etc. That meant I had to implement custom IK adaptions. The list of things to do is never ending, but it’s only a ‘pet project’ (for now) so, it’s fun to work on.

2 Likes

Its resemblance to a spider makes it even creepier :sweat_smile:

1 Like