Crezia - An adventure RPG game

Hi everyone !
[FONT=Arial Black]It will make several month that I work on this game, the concept would be a dark adventure RPG but wich can freely take some fantasy stuff, I would like to have a world like a sort of fusion between The witcher 3 and Shadow of the Colossus.

&stc=1

&stc=1

[FONT=Arial Black]For this project I want to make a “real-feeling” world.
The map being too large I had to use world-composition which mean you will only see a part of the map in the screens…
The map is divided in many regions with different vegetation/architecture/ climate…

&stc=1

&stc=1

&stc=1

[FONT=Arial Black]I’m focusing on the environnement and on the village creation for now my next step will be the gameplay.

&stc=1

&stc=1

&stc=1

&stc=1

&stc=1

Here some others screens of the map !

&stc=1

[FONT=Arial Black]But, I need your help to improve the quality of the scene so please give your ideas on whatever you see !

PS: If you want to help me to create this world you are welcome to join the “team” :wink: !

To much bought content :c
The images are badly made, preview shadows? Green lines??? White house Textures??
xyz gizmo on almost every screenshot?

Start with that :3

I love how its looking , I cant wait to see some creatures/animals , I did like the environments in Witcher 3 + I played Shadow of Colosus a long itme ago so i cant remember how the environments look but you did a really good job ( tip : Add some speedtrees and some wind to those trees so that it gives it that little touch like in Witcher 3 ) and work a bit with the lighting ( not the directional light/sunlight but the actual point lights that were used on the village )

Hey ! there is just two buyed packs here (and present in just 3 images) and all is really “under construction” so yes I must fix the house mat.
And the problem is that I can’t post >1mo image so I’m forced to cut down into the image, but I’m agree that it is not a good solution…
For the xyz is there an option for remove it when I take the screen ? If yes I will correcct it !
(For the others you’re right I should launch the game before taking a screen…)

Hey i will help you a bit!

You can take screenshots realy easy! Create a shortcut for a Key, like “K” in your player controller, make a “execute console command” node and type in: “HighResShot 1920x1080”
This should make effen fantastic screnenshot, ts a bit tricky but youll find out :slight_smile:

You can remove the editor billboards by clicking in the left upper corner of the viewport and setting “gameview” on.

OK thank you I will make that for next time !

I’m glad to see you like it ! And I think the “light” you see is just LPV… I will try to switch on an other solution as soon I can !

i well help you but you gonna give me tools free

Hey here a new screen of a fortress i’m building !
But I have a big problem: translucent materials aren’t affected by heightfog so water is really weird… If anyone had a solution it would be great !

&stc=1

After a long (very long)time without posting anything here is new stuff, actually, major part of the map had been made but a lot of details must be added

&stc=1

&stc=1

&stc=1

&stc=1

&stc=1

&stc=1

Do you have a world map? Like a 2D thing with all countries and regions?

You said “next step gameplay”, but level design and gameplay are tightly tied to each other.

I suggest you to read at that article to improve your compositions.

Anyway, such a huge work, keep up the motivation! :slight_smile:

I know that I should combine gameplay and level design in one step, but the problem is that i don’t have big skills in blueprint and I’m learning it so it’s hard to make both in same time…
Anyway thank you for the link :wink:
And yes I have a big paper with all the map.

Here are some new screen of destroyed houses

I’m looking for a team so if you are interessed go to: Building a team for an Adventure RPG - Job Offerings - Unreal Engine Forums

I like how this is looking. It would be great if you could do a video or a gif at least to see it a bit in action. You can do the video directly from Unreal, using a Matinee and recording it. You’d want to edit it a bit and compress it after that.

I’d also be curious how it all looks from a player’s perspective. Keep up the good work!

In fact my framerate is terrible (15 fps) so it is impossible for now to make a video, sorry, I have to improve my foliage (I know I can’t continue using a 100,000k polygon tree in lod0 and 12,000k in lod 3) and the VXGI is a monster of performance.
Anyway, you’re right, I will try to do a little matinee when it will be a little improved.

You don’t have to worry about your framerate when recording directly from Unreal. It will take its time to render at the framerate you tell it to. You can find more info here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?3599-Rendering-Out-Video-Sequences

Oh ok, sorry,i did not read it !
I will make my possible to make a matinee soon :wink:

Here are some daily screens ! (sorry I didn’t had the time to make a matinee :frowning: )
I am hiring for blueprint programmers, if you are interessed go to:Building a team for an Adventure RPG - Job Offerings - Unreal Engine Forums or MP me.

Cool! I like the fire.

Hey here is a new screen of the map, a dark marsh…

Some new screens of a little monster lair…