CREEP IT REAL: Silent Circus

For questions relating to the current active challenge please use the tag UnrealChallenge
For submissions please include the tag CreepItReal

Title: CREEP IT REAL: Silent Circus

insert link to your video

Student Submission: Yes/No (yes)

Credits to sourced content:
Epic Games Quixel Megascans Assets
Abandoned Carnival Circus
Megascans Trees: European Black Alder

insert a screenshot of your project (in the editor)

Optional

• Description: I have been afraid of circuses since I was young, so I made a scary circus in my imagination. In order to create a scary atmosphere according to the theme of the challenge, the streetlight of the foggy night sky was used as the main light. A total of three spaces appear: the first place is the entrance to the circus, the second inside the circus, and the last is the circus tent. The scene from entering the circus venue to reaching the circus tent was composed of camera movements with different feelings. This is the scariest circus I’ve ever imagined.
  • Engine version: 5.0
1 Like

Wowww!! This is the first time I’ve seen a work with such a good concept. I commend you for your artistic abilities!!! :smiley:

4 Likes

Thanks!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, this looks totally amazing! I love the creepy visuals and its overall feel. You have an excellent eye for meticulous detail. I can’t get that clown’s image out of my head!

3 Likes

Absolutely amazing!!

1 Like

cool work!

1 Like

very nice work!

1 Like

Greetings @woo_taxi !

We warmly welcome you to the Unreal Engine community! :medal_sports:

Thank you for participating in the Creep It Real challenge! Your opening shot is spectacular! Immediately we know that something is…off. Circuses are unnaturally happy and teeter on the border of sanity and mania. Your project definitely lends credence to the mania, especially with the creepiness at the end!

Your set is also exceptionally designed! I have a question. Do you have coulrophobia (fear of clowns) or a fear of circuses in general? What makes them so scary for you? :circus_tent:

1 Like

First of all, thank you for leaving a comment! I don’t have a phobia, but I still remember the horror of clowns on TV shows that I encountered when I was young. :frowning: :joy:

1 Like

You’re most welcome, @woo_taxi !

I think I missed out on the horror of clowns that my peers witnessed. I didn’t watch TV much when I was young, but my peers saw IT and Killer Klowns from Outer Space. I didn’t see these movies until I was an adult, so I skipped the coulrophobia that others experienced. It’s always the clowns! :clown_face: They’ll destroy us all! Destroy us all! Destroy us all!

(Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy reference, Billy did not trust clowns :joy:)

1 Like

They don’t want anymore to hide behind the curtains… They will bury no more their anger, blushed out on their contorted faces…They put on each other the straitjackets still, as they crave applauses, transforming the old circus into a freakshow. But who is the last one with the hands free?