Creep It Real 2022 | Creep It Red

For questions relating to the current active challenge please use the tag UnrealChallenge
For submissions please include the tag CreepItReal

Title:
Creep It Red

insert link to your video

Student Submission: Yes/No (pick one)
No

Credits to sourced content:

insert a screenshot of your project (in the editor)

Optional

• Description
  • Engine version 5.0.3
2 Likes

Wow. I love how the red made the scene so visible while also maintaining that horror feeling. Really creative! :slight_smile:

Also, I formally thank you for not opening the mummy eyes at the end :joy:

1 Like

Good job :metal: Red has always been a recurring color in horror. The first shot reminds me of the cover of Blair Witch, the game.

1 Like

Thank you, yeah I also thought it would be too much :joy:

1 Like

Thanks, yes, you right it is,

just in case I’ll share my references :wink:

1 Like

Your video looks great! I found julian-faylona quite inspirational for this challenge too, he probably has creepiest images I could find for references :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, when I saw that inspirational pictures I also thought it should be this red mood, I dont have any chance to win but we’ll see,

Welcome back @Araz !

The opening shot of the dead trees against the light of the blood red moon is incredible, a dark foreshadowing of what’s to come. It’s as though the mummies are guarding the tomb, waiting for the next living being to seek shelter within, only for that being to meet the same fate as those that had fallen before.

The striking contrast of the red and black paints a very scary, foreboding mood - a hellscape, if you will. Thank you for sharing your references! Was creating the lighting for this project challenging at all?

1 Like

Thank you very much, you explained it perfectly, I thought no one would understand, :grinning:thanks again.

About the lighting, I almost did nothing thanks to Unreal Engine 5, because of the full control you could achieve anything you want, Thanks to all the UE team.

1 Like