Creator Marketing Playbook Feedback

What would you like to see in the Fortnite Creator Marketing Playbook? Post your thoughts, feedback, and comments in this thread.

Hi Flak,

I found some issues in that page in JA ver.

Some hyper links are broken:

Thank you!

1 Like

Can you try and improve feedback from support, i have issues with false sanctions that are being applied and upheld despite obviously being false, tickets are also closed without response. The marketing playbook also still lists several outdated links such as the player discover fourm, please try to give creators a little better insight on how to improve

hi All,
From Version 31.20 (16th September 2024) you CAN only have a thumbnail at Power of 2 (1024 x 1024). In the newer versions of UEFN, this will be enforced by the publishing update servers even further

the value described in the text 1920x1080 wont be accepted there is a function called “Conform Texture” which ENFORCES the Power of 2, but thumbnails are silently refused
the nearest 2 power is 1089.

The past discussion is 2048 x 2048, 2048 x 1024 and cropping in applications like Windows PAINT

specification
Thumbnails can be at least 1920x1080 (16:9 aspect ratio) for rectangular images and 1024x1024 for square images, up to 5MB in size.
maybe 2048 x 1024 and 2048 x 2048 is inside the 5mb

Key Art | Creator Marketing Playbook (fortnite.com)
post about this
Uploading thumbnail - General / Issues and Bug Reporting - Epic Developer Community Forums (unrealengine.com)

The part you referenced seems to refer to island thumbnails uploaded in the creator portal not inside the island itself, in creator portal you are allowed to send thumbnails of size 1920x1080

hi updated the post with a link to a problem,

FN Creative does NOT enforce this initially but in future versions this will happen,

because there is a move to make everything compatible with Nintendo Switch, Android and now iPhone, which could not previously have Fortnite

Do you have a source for this? First time Im hearing about it. I only heard this for the assets inside uefn itself

Hi @Mineblo
Well possibly in the release notes. Near the bottom

Wonder what is in the 31.30 release note out soon 1st Oct :roll_eyes: :rofl: