Creating static mesh stretches material. How do I fix this?

When I converted my grouped set of bsp brushes into a static mesh, all of the materials became extremely stretched. How do I fix this?

What does your material look like in the editor? Is it just stretching instead of tiling or something?

Does this happen after you built your light? :slight_smile:

No, building light doesn’t make a difference. It happens immediately, the moment i create the static mesh and the material is stretched so much that it’s just a ton of really thin lines

Go into your 3D app and click the mesh part which stretches, then create a dedicated UV map for this part.

In Blender you can add another material for this and then use the “Assign” option inside the material panel, to allocate the UV to it’s own material.

Alternatively you could change the texture to make it less stretchy (increase resolution and detail in Photoshop).

I don’t know how to do any of that and it doesn’t sound like it would help. All I want is for the materials of my grouped BSPs to retain their scale, orientation etc when I convert it to a static mesh. Whenever I convert it, I get the error message: “Box_Brush23_StaticMesh1231 has degenerate tangent bases which will result in incorrect shading.”

-could you post a screenshot of your bps setup
-post your steps how to converted them to a static mesh (because when I do it everything works as it should) :slight_smile:
-to get rid of the degenerate tangents -> https://forums.unrealengine/showthread.php?5322-Problem-with-exporting-models

I have already looked at that thread and it only applies to static meshes imported from a 3d software, which I did not do. How do I post images in the forum?

You have to click on the little image icon beside the movie icon in the tob bar :slight_smile:

I’ve tried that before, and then I clicked ‘browse’ and selected the image, and then I clicked upload and nothing happened

Make sure that stay under 2mb + use jpg :slight_smile:

I don’t understand what it means by ‘value’ in

value

. What do I put here?

Here is how it works :slight_smile:

That’s exactly what I’ve been trying to do but it doesn’t work

Ok, then upload it on gdrive or dropbox.
Also make sure to post your steps how you converted them to a mesh + which version do you use + could you probably upload your bsp setup so that we can test it out :slight_smile:

I use version 4.7.3. I don’t know how to upload my BSP setup.
You can view the images through these links.
This is what it looks like as a BSP group: