Creating Plugin Which Modifies Blueprint Graph Behaviour

Hello,

recently I had the idea for a plugin for the blueprint graph editor, where when I drag a output pin of a node if an applicable other input pin in a certain range exists it immediately snaps to that input pin. Just like I would be hovering the mouse over that pin but it does it just automatically.

I have already looked at many other built-in plugins to find out how this could work but I can’t find the right place to start at.

So here is my question. How would I go on to implement such a plugin myself? Is it even possible without changing the engine source without a plugin? There are not so many tutorials around, which explain modifying the editor functionality itself.

Thank you for every suggestion!

I think it’s already been done, or something very similar. There’s a lot of good BP plugins out there

One, in particular, does this with multiple pins, simultaneously.

Also

You can change the source without a plugin, of course, just edit it. But you can’t distribute that.

1 Like

Thank you for the information. I think I will check out Node Graph Assistant.
Would you have any suggestions on how to make such alterations myself? Do I have to buy the plugins and look how they did it?

That would be the most direct route. You get the source with the plugin.

I now have bought and enabled the Node Graph Assistant plugin, but I can’t find the source of this plugin anywhere. It is not located in the UE5 plugins directory, at least not under the plugin’s name.
How can I find the file location of the plugin?

Thank you so far!

Not in?

C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.0\Engine\Plugins\Marketplace<name>

Sorry, Rider did not show the plugin. I had to rebuild the solution and now I see it. Thank you!

1 Like