Creating Plugin-Based Game Code - Sept 6th - Live From Epic HQ

We’re glad you enjoyed our content! About your suggestion, I agree, and it’s something we’re looking at for future streams. The big difference between the “fighting” and “quest” streams (from our end) was that the quest streams were planned to be a certain length, and we had enough airtime to do it. The “fighting” streams, both of them, were planned to be a certain length, but then our airtime was shortened due to factors beyond our control at the last minute. That meant that the first stream ended short of where we meant for it to end, leaving us with a rough starting point for the second stream, which then also ended unexpectedly quickly, before we could do the live code-fixing we would have needed to find the disconnect that caused the code not to react to the input properly. Fortunately, the downloadable project (the “real” version we showed during the stream) does work as intended, and the explanations given for how the code was designed and implemented were all correct. We just missed a step somewhere in the live recreation of the code, but it’s nothing key to understanding the theory behind anything we were doing.

In any case, I fundamentally agree with the concept, and we’re working on ways to show the iteration of the code concepts without relying on such delicate systems in real-time, but without becoming a complete “cooking show” where we just pop out a pre-made working project and fail to explain the fine details of how it was made. Thanks for watching and sharing your ideas!

Thanks I appreciate it. When I am doing presentations where things can go wrong I typically plan on only 75% content fill and then I add on ‘bonus’ content for if no problems were encountered, although the worst I have encountered is a server error when presenting to a client and quickly stating “Sorry that page is currently being upgraded”.

Sorry to necro this but link to assets from first post is broken. Can anyone fix/reupload them?

I suspect the hosting site was temporarily down or undergoing maintenance. I just went there myself and was able to download the file. Would you mind trying it again?