I am trying to create player movement from scratch instead of using the templates. However when I run it, it doesn’t work and I can’t move.
This is what I have done so far…
- In the ‘Project Settings’ under ‘Input’ I setup the W, A, S, D keys for movement.
- I have created a ‘Character’ blueprint, and a ‘Game Mode’ blueprint.
- In the ‘Game Mode’ blueprint under the ‘Defaults’ tab, I set the ‘Default Pawn Class’ to my character blueprint.
- In the ‘Character’ blueprint under the ‘Components’ tab, I created a camera, but I didn’t set a static mesh or anything as I don’t want one (I assume this shouldn’t keep my character from moving).
- In the ‘Character’ blueprint under the ‘Graph’ tab, I created very basic movement, using ‘InputAxis’ and ‘Add Movement Input’ corresponding to the input keys I created in step 1
I have spend hours on this, and I even brought up both the first person and 3rd person projects and compared all the settings on all the tabs of both the ‘Game Mode’ and ‘Character’ blueprints, and other then a few minor difference, the setups appear to be the same.
I am obviously missing something somewhere, I just don’t know where? Does anyone know what I am missing and can help me out?
Here is a screenshot I made.