Creating character movement for a simple cube

I was wondering if anybody could help point me in the right direction.

What I want to do is;

• Control a cube in third person (forward, backwards, up, down, rotate & strafe left and right, etc)
  • I’d like the controls to be independent of the camera and locked to the orientation of the cube itself
  • I’d like the cube to resist drifting from default orientation and return if necessary

The cube itself is obviously just a proxy for learning. As someone new to unreal engine I was wondering how difficult this is and whether there’s any specific tutorials that could point me in the right direction. Most tutorials I’m seeing focus on characters and first person controls (etc) and that’s not what I want to do. I followed a six degrees of freedom tutorial here; A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums and whilst I have some control over my cube the controls are specific to the camera, and the camera itself doesn’t follow the movement of the .

Any help or assistance in getting up to speed on this would be greatly appreciated obviously,

Thanks!

Hi

So you want the “Box” to move separately from the camera?

Then I would have the camera as a different Actor.

You did not explain well, are you able to move box as required?

Hi there, thanks for responding - sorry about not being clear.

The box does move forward and backwards and can strafe left and right, but it doesn’t have any other control (such as up and down, or the ability to turn - although there are two node workflows brought from the tutorial I mentioned earlier which I think are meant to handle that but just move the camera in odd ways with the mouse).

I’m using this; http://i.imgur.com/1dS58Hn.png

http://i.imgur.com/1dS58Hn.png

But yeah if you can imagine I just want it to be a drone say, that you control with a remote control so you stand in one place (as the camera) and control it at a distance. I think if I could get my head around that it’d be a start.