Creating a spline path to create a river blueprint actor

I’m trying to create a river blueprint actor that uses a mesh with an added spline path. I’d like for the river to be easily transformed/movable in the game environment.

Here I tried to create a spline mesh, with the cube as the mesh itself and a water material, but in the game enviorment the cube itself is rotated upright no matter what I change, and the spline path doesn’t actually transform/work.

changing the forward axis will rotate the cube. you need to use a higher poly mesh for it to bend properly. jump into your modeling program and make a cube and either add some loop cuts or subdivide it.
also the attach node is unnecessary/ might be breaking something

I also think you need to Take Tangent Rotation Into Account. Simply bending and Stretching will kill your UV

I created the mesh in Blender and subdivided it several times. After importing it into unreal and changing the mesh under the Add Spline Mesh Component node, changing Foward Axis axis to either X, Y or Z doesn’t help the issue. The mesh is either too tall and in the right direction, or the proper size but the wrong direction.