Creating a realistic wrapping rope

Hello-

I’m trying to figure out how to make a realistic tetherball pole. I currently have a ball that’s connected to the top of a pole by both a physics constraint actor (for the physics) and a cable actor (for the “rope” visual). Right now, I can push the ball around and the ball works quite well, but I can’t get a realistic interaction between the physics constraint actor and the pole. Ideally, I’d like to be able to hit the ball to the side and then watch the rope wrap around the pole as it follows the ball, before eventually losing momentum and beginning to spiral in the opposite direction. How would I go about doing this?

Thank you!

Have you looked at the cable actor?

346065-screenshot-2.jpg

Hey, yeah, my bad, I made a typo in my post–

“I currently have a ball that’s connected to the top of a pole by both a physics constraint actor (for the physics) and a cable actor (for the “rope” visual).”

That is, I’m currently already using a cable actor, and nothin.

I prefer to make stuff myself, and configuring a rope-like material shouldn’t have to cost $80. Thanks for the suggestion!

If you’re looking for realistic stuff don’t use the Cable Component from UE4 - it works, you can do pretty much stuff with it but to be honest - it’s bad overall ;]

Obviously what I am gonna send costs some money but if you’re looking for realistic stuff - don’t take your time for free stuff that’s not able to give you what you want and need

Therefore check this out:

Sorry, I see it now… :smiley:

Anyone know how to do this?