I need to have a multifloor building. From searching the forum, tutorials, etc., my thinking is:
- Create each floor static mesh in Blender and import it.
- in Unreal, create each floor as a separate level and add the mesh for that floor.
- Populate the rooms in the level with actors (furniture, etc.) and set materials for the walls, floor, and ceiling.
- Make each floor level streaming.
- Trigger a load of the next upper or lower floor level when the character contacts a stairs.
So, being new at this:
- Does this approach make sense?
- How do I trigger the loading of an upper or lower level when contact is made with an upper or lower going stairs? Create a blueprint attached to the stairs to load the appropriate level when the character contacts the stairs mesh?
- For the character to move into the next level at the top or bottom of a set of stairs, do I simply align each level in world space x,y and offset it in height by the height of the floor below or above it?