CreateExport: Failed to load Outer for resource 'AssetImportData': MetaSoundSource

I’m getting the following errors.

I’ve tried deleting everything in the following directory:
*%userprofile%\AppData\Local\UnrealEngine*

I’ve tried deleting everything in the project’s Intermediate and Saved directories.

I’ve tried disabling and enabling MetaSound.

/Script/MetasoundEditor : [AssetLog] ...\Unreal Projects\...\MetaSound_Footsteps_Default.uasset: Failed to load '/Script/MetasoundEditor': Can't find file. /Script/MetasoundEditor
CreateExport: Failed to load Outer for resource 'AssetImportData': MetaSoundSource /Game/.../MetaSound_Footsteps_Default.MetaSound_Footsteps_Default
CreateExport: Failed to load Outer for resource 'AssetImportData': MetaSoundSource /Game/.../MetaSound_Jump_Default.MetaSound_Jump_Default
1 Like

The files must have somehow gotten corrupted.
I recreated the MetaSoundSource files and backed them up again.

Update:
The issue is still happening every time I restart the project.
If I copy the backup files the audio works just fine until I restart the project.

Update:
I’ve found a workaround where I’m playing the audio for walking using Blueprint instead of animations.
I still get errors when the project loads but it’ll have to do for now.

1 Like

I get the same issue, on project load, and when test cooking.

My issue appears to stem from using ConstructorHelpers::FClassFinder in my GameMode CPP to set my default pawn. My pawn has a play sound node in the blueprint, and is calling a MetaSound. It would seem that there is an order of operations issue, perhaps before MetaSound is properly loaded.

After much testing it appears ONLY when I have a sound call in the blueprint with a MetaSound attached, works perfectly with an old soundcue. I even made a different player pawn, and attached a MetaSound play sound call to it and receive the same issue.

I had the same issue. I fixed it: Open your “…\UE_5.0EA\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\Metasound\Metasound.uplugin” and change all Loading Phases to PreDefault. That makes the plugin load up earlier.

"LoadingPhase": "PreDefault"
5 Likes