Download

Create streaming level instance returns None

Hey all,

Recently started playing with UE4 so it might be a simple thing to resolve, still can’t get it working.

I have a blueprint, which with each start of a game renders some random world. It consists of two steps, each of them calling the same function:

However, when the game starts, everything gets generated besides the very first instance of streaming level. I’m, constantly getting the following error:

Blueprint Runtime Error: “Accessed None trying to read property CallFunc_CreateInstance_ReturnValue”. Blueprint: PlanetarySystemGenerator Function: Randomize Planets Graph: Randomize Planets Node: Set LevelTransform

If I remove one of the function calls from the blueprint, the error is gone. All the parameters are set when Create Instance is run(Target / Unique Instance Name) and I don’t have idea why return value would be None in that case.

Appreciate any help / suggestions / documentation links.

Same old answer, I’m afraid. Click the right hand end of the error, it will take you to the offending node. It’s returning none. Can you show that area of code?