Create Splitscreen for one player

Hi,

I want to create a split screen for one player that is controlled by that one player. I know how to set up the split-screen and create it with another player but I would like to use the same player for this with the same controls.
There are 2 objects in my world that I want to look at at the same time so that’s why I want to build this second screen. Here you see an example of how I want to build it.
Is there a way to do this?

1 Like

Hey @Crossroad1000!

Are you looking to be able to control anything on the second screen or do you just want it to be a static camera?

1 Like

Hi @Mind-Brain,

Yes, I’m looking for a way to control both of the screens.
I want to connect many objects (with a wire) that are far from each other, that’s why I want the second screen.

1 Like

Are you wanting to switch back and forth or control both at the same time? Because that’s VERRRRY different.

1 Like

@Mind-Brain I want to switch back and forth so it’s not needed to control them at the same time. So I want to be able to walk around with one camera screen and if I’m clicking on the other half I want to be able to walk around with the camera.

1 Like

Okay! So first things first, you will make it SOOOOOOO much easier on yourself if you do your switch on button input vs clicking part of the screen! It’s doable but a few hours or so extra with much more that can go wrong.

As far as switching you’re going to set up that input action on BOTH actors, and use “Possess” → OtherGuy (set the other actor!) off of that input action and pass in player controller 0 to switch between the two. Then, basically, you’re going to set it up just like you would two players, however, you won’t tell the second player actor to actually GET a player. You’ll still give it a controller though! Just give it a blank AI controller. Then you can switch back and forth. Now you’re likely to get a few errors, but if you have them and can’t figure them out bring them back here to the forums! Just be as specific as you possibly can, with screenshots, the full error, etc!

2 Likes