Create Cinematics on an older build, then swap to a newer Version of game?

Hello!

I will be working on cinematics for a game. The game is currently in development and we are on a fairly early build of the game, it will be updated at some point and I would like to preferrably just move the created cinematic shots to the new version of the game. The version control software is perforce, cinematics will be done in Sequencer, with additional lighting and things like it. I will be working on a locked-off version of the game and then replace with a newer one at some point.
I am used to merging files in perforce, but due to the binary nature of UE assets this might not be an option.

What would be the best workflow to not run into problems when merging / a more final build comes along?

I could think of two versions:

• Can I just re-bind a Sublevel to another Level? I am thinking of overriding the current build with the new updates and then manually rebind Sequencer ( or Sublevel) to the updated Level? Would that work?

• Duplicate the level to work in and use this to put Sequencer in, add needed actors and lights (maybe on Sublevels as well). Keeping the duplicated level once the new build arrives and then manually copy over into the new version of it and render.

Having access to the live depot is no option for now unfortunately.

Hope somebody can give some hints on this :slight_smile:

Best