Create Blueprint Child From Seleceted Satic Mesh (UE5-0)

Hi, I have a Blueprint Class with expected behavior (destruction, firing off particles ect.) and I have 100+ Static Meshes that I want that behavior on.

Is there a way I can select all of the Satic Meshes and create Blueprint Child from each one of them?

I would assume there would be something like that, because there is a way to make BP from selection and make BP Child from from the BP Class. It might not be that difficult to make a custom tool myslef for this, but I wanted to ask first, before I start working on it.

Thanks!

Make sure you have your blueprint selected in the content browser.

Select all the meshes in your level, right click and

1 Like

I think what you are looking for @Magiton is not replacing StaticMeshes in a Scene or creating ChildBlueprint Components during runtime. You rather want to automatically creat a childBlueprint asset for each of your static meshes, right?

Yes, this is exactly what I want, sorry if it wasn’t clear.

I already started working on the Engine Utility Blueprint that could do that for me, but for some reason it is not creating any assets.

I get all selected Assets from ContentBrowser
then change the name and path from ST_ to BP_
and select the the BP Class I want it to become

I don’t even know if it is possible this way, can you spot where I did mistake? Or maybe how to do it better?

Ty

I’m unfortunatly not having UE5 on my pc right now so its kinda hard for me to follow along / help with actual fixes.
My best bet would be to check the logs and see if UE is spitting out some errors or warnings once you are using the CreateAsset node.

When checking your image again I think you should also look into the factory parameter of the node. But am right now not sure how to create / construct a factory as I’m not able to test this on my end :confused: