Create an AI Bot that Shoots, Chase, and Patrols [Tutorial]

Hey Whats Up,

In new series on creating an AI Bot we utilize Unreal Engine 4’s Blueprint Scripting.

We go over each step, creating the navmesh, bot, data-asset, waypoints, behavior tree task/service/decorators, attacking and checking of line of sight.

Update
Blueprint Breakdown: https://www.mediafire.com/?m16nhab1xb97jrj

I absolutely loved these videos! If you’d like, you could post these to a page for the Unreal Wiki’s tutorials. It would get a bit more exposure there and wouldn’t get buried.

Be looking out for new tutorials and documentation for Behavior Trees coming soon from us!

is awesome.

Thanks for the lessons . You got me subscribed

That’s means a lot coming from you ! I will have to get around to doing that soon, thanks for the tip. And sweet! I want to create another series on more advanced AI, so any more documentation from Epic will help immensely! I’ve learned everything by studying the best. :slight_smile:

I appreciate the Support & Sub SememeS! I’m taking request, so please don’t hesitate to post it here! Blueprint Scripting Tutorials - Beginners & Advanced - Programming & Scripting - Epic Developer Community Forums

Hi !

I just completed the tutorial (great job by the way), however, the bot doesn’t move, he just stands idle :frowning: Do you have any idea what I’ve missed that could cause or is it a case of just starting again?

Thanks

Excellent work .
I’m going to link to your channel from mine - and hopefully muster up some more subscribers for you :slight_smile:

“Edit”

Here’s a snapshot of your channel listed on mine :slight_smile:

Hey LexLuther1,

Has anyone told you you’re awesome? Thanks for the support I really appreciate it.

I was wondering where all my subscribers came from! :slight_smile:

Part 2

Thanks alot, I was just about to search for these!

Do you have the tutorial in text?

Sweet! Glad it found its way to you. :slight_smile:

I have it completely broken down into images. Check out!

Good afternoon ,

Forgiving, not if someone has already written something about it, but in Part 1 of the tutorial “botWaypoint” function is defined but not done anything on it, is that correct? I really can not move the bot.

Thank you!

Fantastic tutorial, ! These are extremely helpful for people like myself, who are looking to learn Blueprints. I’ve subscribed to your channel and will be keeping an eye out for future content :slight_smile:

I apologize, it is solved, it was my fault.

Thank you.

Exceptional work SilentX! Very easy to follow and set up. All your tutorials are great. Keep up the amazing work!

Nice tutorial ! Thank you for making these videos, they are great!

Somehow I managed to watch your videos and forgot to subscribe… Sorry about that, I have now fixed that most egregious mistake! :slight_smile:

Thank you! I’m actually working on a new project I will release soon. Its all related to AI w/ Blueprint ;D.

No problem! Happy you found it.

Thanks a lot ! You keep up the awesome work too!

I am most understanding sir.

Update

I just got back home from teaching at ASU. I will be posting updates soon on request thread.

Update #2

Please follow thread, thank you!

They see me through walls ?! What I can do?

Best!
Mauro