Crazy bug but only on my project UE 5.1?

Interesting issue - I have a small project but when I am using the play in editor feature and select one of the objects that spawns in the level in this case the player, the editor will lock up / freeze and you can hear my video card spin up and if you observe the task manager it goes from 4GB of memory being used and slow climbs up to 52GB of memory being used. If I wait long I might be able to stop the play in editor and recover but it is making it very hard to debug the game while this issue is happening.

I can’t get this to happen on a template project.

So my question is can people try this on their projects and see if they can figure out what is happening, just play in editor let your game start up and attempt to select a spawned in actor can you see the details panel updating and is the editor operating normally.

I am 95% its something broken on my end but i have no idea what it could be. I am going to start going through and clearing my caches and general clean up of the build directories in the hopes of fixing it.

Everything seems to be working fine in my project, it is probably some glitch on your end could be some piece of code on infinite loop that slows and shutters alot not sure since, I can not reproduce it.

Hello,
I expect this might be a tick issue, as UE would probably let you know and stop the game if there was an endless loop.
Check out this video, specifically around 14 min

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

It had nothing to with my code or any of the suggestions was an editor setting.

1 Like