CrashReportClent has stopped working

sorry SP1? I see how it is installed?

Apologies for the confusion, it’s Windows 7 SP1. If you go to your start menu, right click on “Computer” and then hit properties, under “Windows Edition” in the main tab it should say a few lines and one of them would be “Service Pack 1” if you have it installed. Alternatively you can run dxdiag, and save out the file and post it here. You can follow the instructions here if you’d like to install it:

DxDiag instaling SP1

I just paid for a month subscription of Unreal Engine 4 having never used Unreal before. I clicked download for PC after buying, installed the MSI and I’m pleasantly greeted by this crash. Tried the above shortcut fix, crash, tried the Patcher Carlos posted, crashed.

I kinda want my $20 back…it’s been 3 months, this seems like a critical issue that should be fixed by now!

Windows 8.1 Pro x64

Core i7 920

24GB of RAM

GTX 680

480GB SSD

Hello,

Thank you for your report. We were not able to investigate this on the engine version you reported, but there have been many version changes to UE4 since this question was first posted. With a new version of the Engine comes new fixes and it is possible that this issue has changed or may no longer occur. Due to timetable of when this issue was first posted, we are marking this post as resolved for tracking purposes.

If you are still experiencing the issue you reported in the current engine version, then please respond to this message with additional information and we will investigate as soon as possible. If you are experiencing a similar, but different issue at this time, please submit a new report for it.

Thank you.