CrashReportClent has stopped working

FYI, we are planning to provide folks that experience this issue with a workaround before the next official release.

Thank you Daniel , you guys are awesome !

i’m updating windows atm, lets see if it fixes the issue …

Do you have an approximate date on the next release?

Well it seems like downloading SP1 fixed the issue apparently ! i’m currently downloading the precious :stuck_out_tongue:
Will ost again when i’ll have the engine up and running :slight_smile:

Hey Everyone, thanks for your patience!

As Bob mentioned, we now have a possible workaround for you guys to try. Currently this fix is only in the Launcher(we’re working on the fix for the Editor), but it would be useful to know that our fix actually works. Can someone who is still having this issue try the following:

1. Edit your shortcut to add “-CPLabel=QFE” to the commandline (note that QFE has to be capitalized).

2. Download: https://cdn.unrealengine.com/qfe/UnrealEngineLauncherQFE-FromCL2030636.zip and replace the executable in your “Unreal Engine\Launcher\Engine\Binaries\Win64” folder with the one in the zip.

3. Run the launcher, and login, allow the downloads to complete. After you install the editor, download the following and run the QFE hotfix for the editor install: http://cdn.unrealengine.com/qfe/QFE-FromCL-2027741-Shelve-2031074.exe

Let us know if this works and we can propagate this to the Editor and get it in for the next hotfix.

Note that this is a targeted hotfix for now and as soon as we release this to the public you should remove the “-CPLabel=QFE” from your commandline. Please subscribe to this thread and we’ll update it when it’s time to remove it.

[Edited to include editor hotfix]

Launcher is working great! Currently downloading the whole engine.

Just tried it, it’s working! The launcher is starting up. I’ll let you know if something that shouldn’t happen, happens… :stuck_out_tongue:

Just to clarify, this fix will allow the launcher to run and download all of the data for the editor and the samples, but we will have to post a new hotfix for the Editor to work correctly. We’ll update this thread as soon as that editor hotfix is available, thanks again for your patience.

Thanks again for all your patience! We now have a hotfix for the editor as well that Gil Gribb put together. Please download the QFE update from here:

http://cdn.unrealengine.com/qfe/QFE-FromCL-2027741-Shelve-2031074.exe

And run the executable and click start. When that’s done you should be able to also start the editor correctly.

Carlos

It did not work for me. I have an i7 on windows x64 and am able to run the launcher, but not the editor :slight_smile:

We now also have a patch available for the editor side of this problem. Please try out the following exe. We’ll also be bundling this into a public fix earlier next week so you don’t have to worry about these one-off fixes.

http://cdn.unrealengine.com/qfe/QFE-FromCL-2027741-Shelve-2031074.exe

It doesn’t seem to be working, atleast not for me, gives me this error message which didn’t show before.

I’ve tried all the usual stuff on my side without luck :frowning:
Tried re-doing all of the work-around steps and downloading everything once again.
Visual C++ Redistributables checked etc…

1926-errormsg.png

Can someone explain where and how I would put this commandline in so I can install. Thanks.

Edit your shortcut to add “-CPLabel=QFE” to the commandline (note that QFE has to be capitalized).

It doesn’t work for me either.

Running on Dell Inspiron N7110

Is this after running both Carlos’s patch and the editor patch?

Yes, first downloading and switching the .exe file and then patching with the file at step 3 as hinted towards in the post.

I’ll post my rig in case you need some information, if the case would be that it only affects certain people (components per-say) you atleast have information from one of them.
Me and my friends/collegues appreciate your time taken to fix this problem, hope it solves out soon so we can make our switch from Unity to Unreal, I’m extremely hyped about it! :stuck_out_tongue:

link text

Hey Siggen, sorry you’re still having problems! One last possibility, can you try installing Windows 7 SP1?

Ofc! Thought I had automatic update active but I was wrong… :stuck_out_tongue: It’s working, thanks a bunch!
I have a question while we’re at it! This is my private comp, we’ll start fixing unreal on the rest of the computers. Can we use the same account on all of the computers, logged in at the same time? Or do we need to fix seperate accounts?
There’s probably a answer to that in the FAQ or whatnot but while I have you on the line… :stuck_out_tongue:

I tried the following post but the error still occurs password from the command line:

“C:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\Launcher\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UnrealEngineLauncher.exe” “-CPLabel = QFE”

Hi Claudio, can you check to see if you have SP1 installed? We believe that has fixed this bug in the majority of cases, and you can remove the QFE label from the commandline.