Crashing

Went to continue working on a project which opens just fine, as soon as I clicked on the character controller UE crashes same with clicking on Play. Reinstalled UE5, reinstalled the EG Launcher, started new projects, nothing works. Went back to UE4, works fine of course but I figured I would check.

Assertion failed: ClearValue.ColorBinding == EClearBinding::EColorBound [File:D:/build/++UE5/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Windows/D3D11RHI/Private/D3D11Commands.cpp] [Line: 1129] Texture: MotionBlur.SceneColor does not have a color bound for fast clears

UnrealEditor_D3D11RHI
UnrealEditor_D3D11RHI
UnrealEditor_RenderCore
UnrealEditor_RenderCore
UnrealEditor_RenderCore
UnrealEditor_Renderer
UnrealEditor_Renderer
UnrealEditor_Renderer
UnrealEditor_Renderer
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_RenderCore
UnrealEditor_RenderCore
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
kernel32
ntdll

I was having a similar issue but with D3D12RHI – my issue was that I had gone into the windows registry and added a bunch of edited TDR values which was crashing the engine on launch.

Could be any number of issues, but if you’ve added TDR values, you may want to try deleting them and launching again.

1 Like

I don’t know what that is, a quick google brings up Timeout Detection and Recovery, but I wouldnt know how to edit any of that so I wouldnt know where to start to try and fix it

Well I dont think it would have been the solution but I turned off the Oculus VR plugin and tried again, this time everything works fine, although I dont remember the POV viewpoint(is this correct?) showing up before when I moved around the character actor. At the very least it works now

1 Like

It’s so difficult to assess problems with software when it’s Early Access – glad you were able to fix it and post what worked for you in case anyone else comes across a similar issue.

Try this