Crashing question

Hey Folks, noobie here attempting to get into UE. I have a new to me laptop (specs below) fresh reboot to factory and reupdated to current software/drivers etc and I open up any UE 5’s. I get the “GPU crashed or d3d device removed message” after attempting to open an untouched project. I started playing around with priority settings and windows settings for the engine and windows/removing unnecessary factory windows programs but have made it worse. Icing on the cake is I didn’t do any backups so considering doing anyother factory restart but before I do… Hoping someone could take a look at the screen shots of task manager to see if removing UE and the launcher is worth a shot before I wipe it. Appreciate your time and will get any additional info needed for accuracy. Thanks

specs HP laptop

• intel pentium R cpu n3710 1.6 ghzstrong text

• 8 ram quad core

• X64 based processor

• Intel HD graphics 20.19.15.5063

Windows 10 version 22h2

Pretty old laptop. You might be able to get a version of UE4 running on there. You’d have to progressively go back through the versions until you find one that works…

Greetings @randemon390

Welcome to the Unreal Engine Community Forum. I would start by cross checking your laptop specs with the required specs to run UE5. If it’s problematic, I’d consider Clock’s recommendation and go back to Unreal Engine 4 and see if that works better. Unreal Engine is a pretty PC-heavy application.