Crashing Issues

Hey guys,

I have exhausted myself with 3 hours of research and I cant find a relevant answer to my issue. I truly hope someone can guide me in the right direction.

I and Using Unreal Engine 4.15.3

I am also using a Mac running OS X 10.12.6 Sierra

I purchased a Udemy course and have run into a problem.

I have been building an advanced Landscape material, and I got to the point about Tessellation. After following all the instructions, none of my tessellation would work properly. So i did some research and found a whole slew on non sense about OpenGLs and Mac not supporting Tessellation, and all this other crud. Ultimately I ended finding a post that said UE4.15 and Mac OS X 10.12 support tessellation now, but you have to go to project settings and selecting Metal v1.2. Simple enough. So i went ahead and did that. Now I have a new problem.

Not only does my tessellation still not work at all, but as long as I have Metal v1.2 selected, my project just continuously crashes. Over and Over.

Anyone have any ideas as to what I am doing wrong. My final goal would be to have the tessellation on my landscape material work properly, but If mac still doesn’t support it, I would like to know so I can stop fussing with it, and switch back to windows.

Thanks guys.

Chris

Same Problem here. Tassellation on mac just crashes all the time