Crashes

Well… it would be really nice to have a build of UE4 where the editor wouldn’t crash on a dayly basis :slight_smile: Just saying… it crashes every day since 4.8, and it seems to get worse in every new build. Sometimes it really sucks, as it would crash when hitting the save button… yea, nice one.

Also, in 4.8, I had to rewrite all the localization data, because for some reason you had to change the old system and it would not know the old data (and import from my old *.po file didn’t work). That was a nice one, too.

But well… without these dayly crashs and restructuring with data loss, it’s a good engine so far.

-make sure to report your crash -> on answerhub: https://answers.unrealengine/
-when you have a crash, make sure that you post your crash log so that we can see what went wrong -> documents/unrealproject/yourproject/saved/logs :slight_smile:
-do you use the latest 4.8 version or an older one?
-post your specs

That’s what I do often.

As for my specs:

Intel Core i5 3570K
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
16 GB DDR3 RAM

Windows 10 Pro (64 Bit)
Latest Drivers from NVIDIA (fresh driver from today, August 13th)

I use UE4 4.8.3 with HBAO+ integration from NVIDIA and FMOD Studio.

Lucky you, I got a crash every 3 hours, mostly when working in the blueprint editor, followed by data corruption. :slight_smile:

Hi folks,

As said, please be sure to submit your crash reports when they occur, and it’s also very valuable to log a bug report on the AnswerHub. Our support staff will do our best to reproduce the issue, and our engineers will do their best to fix it.

Thanks