Crash while generating foliage through blueprints

Hi I am currently running in unreal 5.1.0 and I am trying to generate foliage with a blueprint widget. I have been able to get the ‘Instanced Foliage Actor’, its ‘Foliage Instanced Static Mesh Components’ and generate instances of the components across my landscape.

But if I try to go into “Foliage Mode” and select a foliage instance, unreal engine crashes right once it is clicked. I am trying to allow my generated instances to be editable with the Foliage Mode tools, if that isn’t a possibility let me know.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Update: I found that I can use the select all tool and it highlights correctly, but the remove tool doesn’t work. Neither does the erase. I accidentally used the fill tool on one of the surfaces, and when I hit undo, it also erased my generated foliage with it.

Has this problem been solved?

It has been fixed in recent engine versions. When selecting a Foliage Instance with Nanite on it would select a completely different instance. It was a bug

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.