Crash When Using Open Level (4.7.1)

So I have a main menu that starts the game. From there I use a Open Level node to go to the game. That part works fine without issues. The problem is that if I try to open another from my game it crashes. It doesn’t matter what level I try to open (mainly trying to go back to the main menu). I’m running the game in standalone mode. I suspect i’m missing something big but I can’t seem to figure it out.

I also made a new map and with a somewhat similar setup and the problem is there too.

Here is the crash report if that helps: http://pastebin.com/CC14YZXx

Essentially this is because you didn’t remove your Widgets before loading the map.

You should remove it first by using Remove from Parent before you Open your Map. I don’t know if that is going to change in the future, but I heard Epic talk from time to time of it. If you need further assistance how to set it up let me know.

I did comment on it in the forums here as well: UMG button click load level not working - Blueprint - Unreal Engine Forums

Awesome thank you! Apparently I was forgetting to remove the HUD I had thought that I did do it (more as just cleanup didn’t realize it was mandatory though I guess now that I think about it kind of makes sense)