So I was working on this Blueprint here:
When I now delete the Location connection, right click the Location node of the collapsed PositionAtCursor (which only calculates a HitLocation of the Cursor using GetHitResultUnderCursorByChannel) and try to compile after that, UE4 crashes.
This is easily reproducable:
- In a Blueprint, create a “MakeVector” node.
- From the Return Value, create a “VectorLength” node.
- Right click the “MakeVector” node and click “Collapse Nodes”.
- Alt+Click the connection to delete it.
- Right click the Return Value of the collapsed node and click “Split Structure Pin”.
This should instantly crash the engine.
I don’t know if this has been posted before, but I hope I was able to help with this.