Crash when packaging project PerInstanceRenderData.IsValid() InstancedStaticMesh.cpp] [Line: 1945]

Upgrading a project from 4.22 to 4.23 - getting these errors when trying to package that were not there in 4.22

PackagingResults: Error: Assertion failed: PerInstanceRenderData.IsValid() [File:D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Engine/Private/InstancedStaticMesh.cpp] [Line: 1945]

Anyone have any thoughts on what is happening here?

In case anyone runs into this issue, I was able to narrow it down to a landscape in one of my maps. Recreating that fix the error

Hey, I’m having this same issue, can you explain what you mean by recreating the landscape?

The landscape actor on one of my maps was causing this error, I assume something in the migration from 4.22 to 4.23 is causing this, but deleting the landscape and recreating it from scratch resolved the issue and allowed me to fully compile.

I could use a little more detail about what you did. We import a map “tile” and use World Composition to do it. How did you “recreate from scratch?” We have a main map with 64 sub-levels. I can’t even determine *which *of the sub-levels (or even it is the parent map) behind the error.