Crash when outliner search in PIE

This commonly happens when i mistype in the outliner search causing no results to be shown. This is when the editor crashes. It only happens when playing in the editor and when no results would be returned from the search.

E.g. if im trying to type ‘helicopter’, when i type ‘hek’ the editor crashes because there are no actors with ‘hek’ in their name

Hi KieranChandler,

I wasn’t able to reproduce this in 4.8.2. Does this only occur in your current project, or can you reproduce it in a new project as well? Does it occur when searching for any actor, only only specific actors/misspellings?

Please copy the information in the Crash Reporter window next time this crash occurs, make sure you submit it, and paste it in a reply here (including the Machine ID so we can look it up). Then zip and attach the log from the project’s Saved\Logs folder. Thank you!

Hi KiernanChandler,

We haven’t heard from you yet on this issue, so I am resolving the post for tracking purposes. If you’re still experiencing this crash, please feel free to respond with the information requested above. Thanks!

This still is not resolved. It happens with every project on every UE4 version I’ve used so far.

I run through visual studio, so i the crash reporter does not appear. I can provide the call stack if that is what you need