Recently my game started crashing every time I try to exit Play In Editor. Everything works fine in-game, the compiler doesn’t show any errors, and debugging in Visual Studio doesn’t bring up anything. When I press Escape to get out of PIE, the whole thing freezes, and then after a few seconds or if I press Escape again, the sound will come back on, but the engine crashes afterward. The log file also doesn’t tell me anything but ‘Fatal error!’, which really doesn’t help. I attached it anyway, maybe there’s something in there I missed. This doesn’t happen in any other project, so it’s obviously something wrong with my project specifically, but I can’t figure it out.
- Can you post the crash callstack here after the editor crashes?
- What was the most recent addition to your level before these crashes began occurring?
- Is this limited to one map or does it happen when you PIE in any map?
- Does it happen when you simple start then stop PIE or is it after a specific action has taken place?
- Is this a blueprint or C++ project?
We have not heard from you in several days. I am marking this as answered for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing this error, please comment with the requested information.