Crash when adding new output to BP function

Just hit a very reproducible crash in the latest Rocket build, happens every time I try to add an output to a function in a Blueprint.

So New Blueprint → Actor → Graph → Add a new function graph → Hit “New” under “outputs” → crash with this message:

Fatal error!

Address = 0x8b42d000 (filename not found)
Address = 0x21c3c599 (filename not found) [in E:\Rocket\Engine\Binaries\Win64\RocketEditor-Kismet.dll]
Address = 0x21c03dcc (filename not found) [in E:\Rocket\Engine\Binaries\Win64\RocketEditor-Kismet.dll]
Address = 0x383c879a (filename not found) [in E:\Rocket\Engine\Binaries\Win64\RocketEditor-Slate.dll]
Address = 0x383f0a9e (filename not found) [in E:\Rocket\Engine\Binaries\Win64\RocketEditor-Slate.dll]
Address = 0x3846ac1d (filename not found) [in E:\Rocket\Engine\Binaries\Win64\RocketEditor-Slate.dll]
Address = 0x384632d1 (filename not found) [in E:\Rocket\Engine\Binaries\Win64\RocketEditor-Slate.dll]
Address = 0x2c14cba2 (filename not found) [in E:\Rocket\Engine\Binaries\Win64\RocketEditor-Core.dll]
Address = 0x2c13f826 (filename not found) [in E:\Rocket\Engine\Binaries\Win64\RocketEditor-Core.dll]
Address = 0x2c14d5fe (filename not found) [in E:\Rocket\Engine\Binaries\Win64\RocketEditor-Core.dll]
Address = 0x2c13cbd2 (filename not found) [in E:\Rocket\Engine\Binaries\Win64\RocketEditor-Core.dll]
Address = 0x5383171e (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\USER32.dll]
Address = 0x538314d7 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\USER32.dll]
Address = 0x2c183f79 (filename not found) [in E:\Rocket\Engine\Binaries\Win64\RocketEditor-Core.dll]
Address = 0x2c14da4b (filename not found) [in E:\Rocket\Engine\Binaries\Win64\RocketEditor-Core.dll]
Address = 0x6f8c9421 (filename not found) [in E:\Rocket\Engine\Binaries\Win64\RocketEditor.exe]
Address = 0x6f8bed60 (filename not found) [in E:\Rocket\Engine\Binaries\Win64\RocketEditor.exe]
Address = 0x6f8bedca (filename not found) [in E:\Rocket\Engine\Binaries\Win64\RocketEditor.exe]
Address = 0x6f8cae1b (filename not found) [in E:\Rocket\Engine\Binaries\Win64\RocketEditor.exe]
Address = 0x6f8cbae3 (filename not found) [in E:\Rocket\Engine\Binaries\Win64\RocketEditor.exe]
Address = 0x512c1832 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\KERNEL32.DLL]
Address = 0x53c8d609 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll]
Address = 0x53c8d609 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll]

…I just reproduced this about 10 times, but now it’s working again. Hopefully this is still helpful.

Hi Joe,

There’s no confidential information in this report, do you mind if we make it Public so that others can see the issue as well?


I have tested multiple instances of this, and have not yet been able to reproduce the issue. I am testing on a fresh install of Beta 5 (I uninstalled Beta 4 and then installed Beta 5), and on a new project.

Under what conditions do you experience the crash? Are you still crashing on a new project or a fresh install?


Yeah no probs re Public.
This is on essentially a fresh install - I’ve had it happen on a new project and on several example projects, and on new, empty blueprints and existing ones.
After the incident I was reporting on, everything was fine for a couple hours, then this started happening again. I went ahead and just performed the exact same sequence of actions that led to the crash (same as reported above) about 6 times, crashing every time. 7th time, no crash, and now I’m fine again.

With continued multiple attempts, we have still been unable to reproduce any issue. We will not be able to address this issue unless we are able to experience it. If the crash persists for you, then you may wish to consider uninstalling and reinstalling the editor. If you come upon any more information regarding the crash, please do let us know.