[CRASH] UE4.22.2 crashes after a few minutes of use

Seeing as there’s seemingly no support phone number, I’ll post here and hope that there’s access to support for your product.

My DxDiag is attached to this post. Hopefully someone can help work through this issue, as I’ve been unable to use Unreal at all on my device. In the meantime I’ll be learning Unity (it’s about time).

Cheers!

It’ll be helpful to include a crash report indicating what happened when the editor went down. You can find it here: <Your Project>\Saved\Crashes.
Also valuable to know where you were in the process when it happened: does the editor crash when you try to start it before loading or creating a project, while loading a project (if so, any project or one in particular)

It might be trying to use the Intel GPU rather than the Nvidia GPU, open the Nvidia Control Panel and in the 3D settings set the Nvidia graphics adapter to be used for all apps.

Thanks for the help! Everything that can be set to use the Nvidia GPU is doing so (from what I can tell).

From the log -

[2019.07.08-02.02.19:560][269]LogD3D11RHI: Error: Result failed
at D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11Query.cpp:296
with error DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG
[2019.07.08-02.02.19:560][269]LogD3D11RHI: [Aftermath] GDynamicRHI=0000018A24CD00C0, GDX11NVAfterMathEnabled=0, Result=0xFFFFFFFF, bDeviceActive=0
[2019.07.08-02.02.19:560][269]LogWindows: Windows GetLastError: The operation completed successfully. (0)

Would you mind filling out a report via our submission form?

Sure! doing it now. Is this something where I’ll get a direct response or is it more of a general bug report?

Added Callstack:
LoginId:
EpicAccountId:

Assertion failed: [File:D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11Util.cpp] [Line: 198] Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - ‘HUNG’)

UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_D3D11RHI
UE4Editor_D3D11RHI
UE4Editor_D3D11RHI
UE4Editor_D3D11RHI
UE4Editor_RHI
UE4Editor_RHI
UE4Editor_RHI
UE4Editor_RHI
UE4Editor_SlateRHIRenderer
UE4Editor_SlateRHIRenderer
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_RenderCore
UE4Editor_RenderCore
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
kernel32
ntdll

If on a laptop.

The fix used to be run in high performance mode and turn battery boost off.
The battery boost turn off needed to be done after every restart.
Now that option seems to be gone from the settings, so on battery you get crashing all the time.